A TiKV node that has already been uninstalled recently started showing information in the monitoring system again. How can I completely remove it?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 已经卸载的一个tikv节点,最近又在监控中显示信息,请问如何彻底删除。

| username: TiDBer_Y2d2kiJh

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment / Testing / Poc
[TiDB Version] 2tidb 3pd 3tikv
[Reproduction Path] On August 15th, the IO of this tikv reached 100%. First, we stopped it, then scaled down, and finally cleaned up the tombstone stores. Recently, we found related information displayed in the monitoring again. How can we completely clear this tikv information?
[Encountered Problem: Problem Phenomenon and Impact]
[Resource Configuration] Go to TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page
[Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring]

Abnormalstores

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

Clean up nodes in tombstone status in Grafana
pd-ctl -u http://0.0.0.0:2379 store remove-tombstone

| username: songxuecheng | Original post link

Reload Grafana again.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

Try reloading Prometheus with tiup cluster reload -R prometheus.

| username: TiDBer_Y2d2kiJh | Original post link

Tried it, didn’t work. I guess we still need to clear the information in pd-ctl store.

Tried it, still doesn’t work. I guess we still need to clear the information in pd-ctl store.

| username: redgame | Original post link

pd-ctl -u http://0.0.0.0:2379 store remove-tombstone, this can be done.

No, you still have it in PD. I thought it was only cached in Prometheus. In that case, use pdctl to delete the node.

pd-ctl can only handle Tombstone Stores status, right?

Can the status of this node, which is Down Stores, also use remove-tombstone? This is the first time I’ve encountered this situation.

| username: Fly-bird | Original post link

How about trying to restart the cluster?

| username: h5n1 | Original post link

How did you scale down, did you use --force? Your monitoring status is down, check information_schema.tikv_store_status to see if you can see the scaled-down node.

Check the status of the store in pd-ctl to see if there are any residual regions in the down store.

Try deleting it directly. Why is it down? Haven’t you already scaled in this node with tiup?

It uses --force, you can see it in information_schema.tikv_store_status, it’s in the screenshot above.

The image you provided is not accessible. Please provide the text content you need translated.

Executing pd-ctl store delete xxx should change the status to offline, and then wait for the leader region count to become 0.

If it remains unchanged for a long time, refer to the document below for handling:

Try the three-step method mentioned above. Generally, KV is in an available state. Avoid using --force to shrink nodes as it can be troublesome to handle later.

The expert wrote in great detail, but I haven’t operated it before. Does xxx represent store_id?

Yes.