After enabling TLS, the PD homepage is inaccessible

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 开启tls后,pd主页无法访问

| username: TiDBer_A8Tz33vz

[TiDB Usage Environment] Testing
[TiDB Version] V7.0.0
[Reproduction Path] Enable cluster TLS communication via tiup cluster tls tidb-test enable
[Encountered Issue: Phenomenon and Impact] After enabling TLS communication for the cluster, the PD management page, such as https://10.8.15.35:2379/dashboard, becomes inaccessible. Tried using different browsers and importing the automatically generated client CA certificate and cert certificate used by tiup into the browser, but the issue remains unresolved.
[Resource Configuration]
[Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring]

| username: Anna | Original post link

Refer to this

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

TSL requires that both the client and server certificates are issued by the same CA. Please verify this.

| username: TiDBer_A8Tz33vz | Original post link

The issue has been resolved, thank you all for your help.
The certificate that needs to be installed in the browser is the client.pfx file, I previously installed the wrong one. It is not the client.crt file.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

The PFX file contains a private key, and it only needs to be installed in the browser for mutual authentication. For general websites that only require encryption, the browser only needs the CA public key.

Installing ca.crt and client.crt didn’t work, but installing client.pfx solved the problem.

| username: caiyfc | Original post link

I previously posted a thread with the steps:
Column - The Trials and Tribulations of TiDB Production Cluster and Encrypted Communication TLS - Tools Edition | TiDB Community

Yes, it was by seeing your post that I found the solution. Thank you very much.

| username: caiyfc | Original post link

:rofl: You’re too kind. Posting articles is also to help everyone quickly solve problems.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.