An error occurred while restoring cluster data to a new cluster

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: br恢复集群数据到新集群过程中发生错误

| username: ks_ops_ms

[Test Environment for TiDB] Testing
[TiDB Version]
[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed when the issue occurred
During the process of using the restore CRD to create a task to restore data to a new cluster, only the database was migrated, and the data was missing. Upon checking the restore task, the task execution failed.
[Encountered Issue: Issue Phenomenon and Impact]
[Resource Configuration]
[Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring]

| username: 裤衩儿飞上天 | Original post link

The image you provided is not accessible. Please provide the text you need translated.

| username: Fly-bird | Original post link

The host does not exist.

| username: ks_ops_ms | Original post link

My tikv2 has already been taken offline, but why is it still performing liveness checks in the tasks?

I checked the records in PD, and although the TiKV instance on that node has been deleted, there is still a record with the status “down,” and it cannot be deleted using the delete command.

| username: 裤衩儿飞上天 | Original post link

Refer to Binbin’s article for handling:
Column - Three Strategies for Handling Abnormal TiKV Scale-down Offline | TiDB Community

| username: WalterWj | Original post link

Creating a CRD task? Is it in a k8s environment? Is it a normal operation to take it offline? 手动扩缩容 Kubernetes 上的 TiDB 集群 | PingCAP 文档中心

| username: heiwandou | Original post link

There are no hosts left.

In the test environment’s empty cluster, I directly recycled the cluster and rebuilt it. TiKV has been down continuously, unable to start up or go offline.

Directly modifying the instance replicas worked fine initially, but after a few changes, things went wrong. At first, there were no issues, but later, I felt that the configuration for testing was too high, so I reclaimed a few machines. When I restarted, I found that something was wrong. The TiKV nodes couldn’t go offline and remained down, and I couldn’t delete them. So, I decided to reclaim this empty cluster and set up a new one, which resolved the issue.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.