Backup and Restore a Single Table Using BR Tool

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 使用br工具备份与恢复单表

| username: 泰迪比爱好者

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment / Testing / Poc
[TiDB Version] 7.1.1
[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed to encounter the issue
[Encountered Issue: Problem Phenomenon and Impact]
[Resource Configuration]
[Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring]

I set up a standalone version of MinIO myself, and then used the BR tool to back up a table’s data to MinIO. The backup command is shown in the image below:

When I wrote this command into a shell script and then used a Java program to call the script, I found that the data was backed up to MinIO, but it was stuck at the checkpoint. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

It keeps looping as shown below:

| username: WalterWj | Original post link

Is there any output when you manually run this command?

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

:thinking: How about manually executing the backup command?

| username: Jellybean | Original post link

It’s hard to make a judgment on this. I suggest you split and test it as follows:

• Manually execute the command to see if there are similar log outputs. If there are, it might be performing the cp operation normally, as there are no errors or warnings. Be patient and wait.
  • If it’s normal, then execute the shell script to see if there is a similar situation.
  • If everything above is normal, then execute the scenario where the Java program is called to verify if the changes are introduced after Java is involved.
| username: Fly-bird | Original post link

The program may not run correctly, handle it manually first.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.