CDC does not synchronize changes to user passwords

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: cdc 不同步修改的用户密码的行为

| username: Raymond

Excuse me, teachers, I currently don’t have a test environment at hand. I would like to ask if CDC does not synchronize user password modification operations. I saw this mentioned on the official website. Is there a configuration parameter that can control this behavior?

| username: 考试没答案 | Original post link

Please specify your specific requirements: I have the environment here. Let me test it for you.

| username: 考试没答案 | Original post link

These filtering rules will filter out the data.

| username: 我是咖啡哥 | Original post link

Your question is whether changing the password will be synchronized to the downstream?

| username: Raymond | Original post link

Yes,
for example, executing statements like ALTER USER and GRANT.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

It should not synchronize the mysql and information_schema databases.

| username: CuteRay | Original post link

No, for changes in user permissions, it is recommended to manually execute the relevant SQL statements downstream.

| username: 啦啦啦啦啦 | Original post link

If both upstream and downstream use TiDB for disaster recovery, manually synchronizing user and permission changes each time feels a bit cumbersome. If a disaster recovery switch occurs and some user permissions are missing, it could be very troublesome.

| username: TiDBer_pkQ5q1l0 | Original post link

How are the filtering rules written? Can you post them for us to see?

| username: Raymond | Original post link

I also think that this should be suggested to the TiDB official team. In MySQL, operations like binlog replication, changing passwords, and granting permissions can all be synchronized to downstream systems.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.