Cluster Startup Error: Error: context deadline exceeded

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 启动集群报错:Error: context deadline exceeded

| username: TiDBer_ngB20Cms

【TiDB Usage Environment】Testing
【TiDB Version】
【Reproduction Path】Start the cluster after installation
【Encountered Issues: Problem Phenomenon and Impact】
【Resource Configuration】Go to TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page
【Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring】

| username: 春风十里 | Original post link

Take a look at the logs? It seems like the connection to PD failed. How are the machine configuration and resources for the single-node deployment?

| username: Jellybean | Original post link

The error looks like the PD cluster did not start properly. Check the status of the PD cluster.

Another question, how many machines are in your deployment? It looks like an error from a single-machine deployment.

| username: TIDB-Learner | Original post link

The server response time exceeds the client wait time. What result does tiup cluster list return? Single machine hybrid (tidb pd tikv) single instance. It is estimated that there is a deployment issue. Can it be executed without adding init?

| username: srstack | Original post link

After tiup completes the startup of the cluster, it will by default update the metadata information in PD, but the PD 2379 port cannot be accessed. Can you check the corresponding PD logs?

| username: TiDBer_ngB20Cms | Original post link

I followed the steps online step by step.

Deployed on a single machine in a virtual machine.

Deployed on a single virtual machine.

But my 2380 port is being used by pd-server.

The problem has been resolved. It was likely due to server resource issues. I expanded the hard drive and memory of the virtual machine, and now it works. Thank you all for your replies!

| username: Jellybean | Original post link

To what extent did you expand to solve the problem? You can post the solution so that other community members can refer to it in the future.

Expanding the memory to 4GB and the hard drive to 60GB is most likely related to the memory.

Version 7.4.0 requires 6GB of memory, 4GB will also report the same error.

| username: kelvin | Original post link

My virtual machine is running version 7.5, and it can start normally with 4GB of RAM.