Consultation on Modifying the db-type in the Drainer Configuration File

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: drainer配置文件中db-type修改问题咨询

| username: 啦啦啦啦啦

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment / Testing / PoC
[TiDB Version] Source: 3.0 Target: 6.1
[Reproduction Path] Using TiDB binlog for data synchronization, the ultimate goal is to switch to the new cluster.
[Encountered Problem: Problem Phenomenon and Impact]
The db-type was set to mysql, but when trying to perform master-slave data verification, it was found that only setting it to tidb works. Is there a more elegant way to change it to tidb? Resynchronizing would be time-consuming.

| username: CuteRay | Original post link

I think we can wait for the synchronization to complete and then manually verify it using sync-diff-inspector.
Alternatively, we can pause the existing Drainer task, record the TSO, and start synchronization from that TSO.

| username: TiDBer_jYQINSnf | Original post link

The following answer is from AI. I am not familiar with drainer either, so I can’t judge its accuracy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

| username: 啦啦啦啦啦 | Original post link

I read the documentation and it says that Drainer’s db-type needs to be set to tidb in order to save the ts-map in the checkpoint. Otherwise, it can’t be manually verified :thinking:. However, pausing the existing Drainer task, recording the TSO, and starting synchronization from that TSO should work. I’ll give it a try later.

This looks serious and might be feasible. I’ll have to try it later, but the current environment is already gone. :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.