Consultation on Storage Scheduling Issues

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 存储调度问题请教

| username: magongyong

[Test Environment for TiDB]
[TiDB Version]
[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed when the issue occurred
[Encountered Issue: Problem Phenomenon and Impact]

Preparing to scale out the existing cluster. Previously, the configuration of a single server was 64c, 256G, 3.2T * 2 = 6.4T NVMe SSD.
Now preparing to scale out with high-configuration servers, where the configuration of a single server is 128c, 512G, 6.4T * 4 = 25.6T NVMe SSD.
I would like to ask, in this situation, will there be a case where the disk space of the originally low-configuration servers is fully occupied, while the high-configuration servers still have a lot of space left?

[Resource Configuration] Go to TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page
[Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring]

| username: magongyong | Original post link

Check the official documentation. It calculates the remaining space based on scheduling. I wonder if anyone has practiced this and whether it will automatically balance.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

Increase the weight of the newly expanded server.

| username: xingzhenxiang | Original post link

In theory, the spatial ratio should be similar.

Okay, thank you.

Yes, according to the official website, it seems like that. I’m not sure if anyone has actually deployed it this way. I’m just worried that after purchasing a batch of high-performance servers, the cluster might still face load imbalance issues, which would be really unfortunate.

| username: xingzhenxiang | Original post link

Try to keep resources consistent to avoid trouble later.

Yes, that’s right.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.