DM Physical Mode

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: dm physical模式

| username: TiDBer_20QjYTLl

【TiDB Usage Environment】Production Environment / Testing
【TiDB Version】
【Encountered Problem: Problem Phenomenon and Impact】
Using DM to migrate data with the logical mode is very slow. Currently, DM does not support the physical mode. To speed up the process, I modified the code based on DM version 6.5 and added relevant configurations to support the physical mode. It doesn’t seem very complicated. What are the risks of doing this? Why doesn’t DM support the physical mode?
【Resource Configuration】
【Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring】

| username: lance6716 | Original post link

Thank you for your attention, it will be supported in version 6.6.

| username: TiDBer_20QjYTLl | Original post link

Thank you for the reply. When is version 6.6 expected to be released? If it takes a long time, what issues might I encounter if I adapt based on version 6.5?

| username: lance6716 | Original post link

It’s hard to estimate the release time. If you need to use it urgently, you can try the nightly version or build it yourself from the master branch.

Are you building from the master branch or the 6.5.0 tag branch? The master branch code hasn’t been released yet, could there be other issues?

I added some lightning-related parameters on the master, such as tableConcurrency and indexConcurrency. After building and running, I found that during the lightning phase, some tasks are always stuck at the checksum stage with the status not changing. Could you please tell me what’s going on?

After building the master, I synced today and found this error “lock held by current process” during the restore table phase, but I couldn’t find this print in the code.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.