Does TiDB Lightning support restoring full data backed up by Dumpling from minio s3://my-bucket/sql-backup to the target TiDB cluster?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: TiDB Lightning 支持将 Dumpling 备份的全量数据从 minio s3://my-bucket/sql-backup 恢复到目标 TiDB 集群嘛?

| username: opkcloud

[Test Environment for TiDB] Testing
[TiDB Version] V7.4.0
[Reproduction Path] TiDB Dumpling to Minio, how to use Lightning to import Minio data into the TiDB cluster?
[Encountered Problem: Phenomenon and Impact] TiDB Dumpling to Minio, how to use Lightning to import Minio data into the TiDB cluster?
[Resource Configuration]
[Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring]
Data in Minio after TiDB Dumpling:

TiDB Lightning Documentation:

Do I need to read the credential file to import Minio data into the TiDB cluster using Lightning?

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

Is it necessary? Don’t you need to configure access_key and access_secret for nimio?

| username: opkcloud | Original post link

Solved it by using Lightning to import MinIO data into the TiDB cluster with the following command:

tiup tidb-lightning --tidb-port=4000 --pd-urls=127.0.0.1:2379 --backend=local --sorted-kv-dir=/tmp/sorted-kvs -d 's3://bucket-hello/sql-backup?force-path-style=true&endpoint=http://****:9000'
| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

The data file path in the lightning configuration file can be set to S3.

| username: Fly-bird | Original post link

Compatible with MySQL, most things that can be exported and imported should work.