Does TIKV support multi-tenancy?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: TIKV支持多租户嘛

| username: TiDBer_7N2ShMS5

Does the latest version of TIKV support multi-tenancy? Does anyone know?

| username: xfworld | Original post link

Currently, it only supports resource isolation…

The functionality in version 7.5.X will be better supported.

| username: TiDBer_7N2ShMS5 | Original post link

What is the difference between resource isolation and multi-tenancy?

Hi, could you please tell me when version 7.5 will be released?

| username: xfworld | Original post link

Multi-tenancy has higher requirements than resource isolation and is more in line with user-level needs, making operations simpler.

Resource isolation is a technical perspective description… quite complex…

Custom users + resource isolation can also achieve some multi-tenant capabilities, but it’s still not enough… the operation is too complicated.

For example:
Currently, the total cluster resources support 100,000 computing resources, and now there are three users, A, B, and C.
You can allocate quotas to A, B, and C individually based on computing resources to ensure that users do not exceed their quotas when making requests, thereby ensuring the stability of the entire cluster.

However, for capacity protection, it is estimated that it is not yet available. If it meets your needs, you can give it a try.

Version 7.5.X will probably be released by the end of the month, but it might be delayed…

Bro, are you talking about TiDB or TiKV? I just want to use TiKV to build a key-value storage system and then use multi-tenancy.

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

It is not recommended to use raw KV only.

If you encounter problems, no one in the community can help you!
Just use TiDB directly.

My use case is key-value storage service.

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

Multi-tenancy is generally reflected in cloud databases, where each user uses their own independent resources, but ultimately all users’ resources come from the total resources of the database.