Does TiUniManager support the management of TiDB clusters installed on Kubernetes?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: TiUniManager 支持 安装在Kubernetes的TiDB集群的管理吗?

| username: TiDBer_mvrpvfaN

Does the visual management tool TiUniManager support the management of TiDB clusters installed on Kubernetes?

| username: TiDBer_mvrpvfaN | Original post link

But I see in the TiUniManager installation documentation that installation requires a control machine and the TiUP component.

Can a cluster deployed with k8s also use a control machine to install and manage TiUniManager? Is there any implementation documentation?

| username: yiduoyunQ | Original post link

Operator deployment in a Kubernetes environment cannot use TiUniManager.

Can TiDB 8 be deployed in a Kubernetes environment using tiup? Is there any implementation documentation? I see that the documentation mentions using Operator for deployment and maintenance in k8s.

| username: yiduoyunQ | Original post link

Kubernetes can also be used as a VM, but it may not be as convenient as a physical machine. I hope to automate the CI process on the cloud and even make it into a web page.

I looked at the official documentation, and the general meaning is:
TiDB clusters deployed on Kubernetes must be deployed and maintained using the Operator, and the Operator is for command management and does not support management by TiUniManager.

Your response doesn’t seem right. According to the official documentation, it doesn’t support k8s, and on k8s, it’s all done through Operator commands. I also haven’t seen how to deploy TiUniManager on k8s; TiUniManager is installed using tiup.

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

Deleted~ Sorry for misleading you.

So I have another question: Can the DM cluster deployed on k8s be managed visually using DM-WebUI?

| username: knull | Original post link

Hello, DM-WebUI comes with DM Master. Once you deploy it, you can access it naturally, regardless of where it is deployed. If you have deployed it on k8s, you can use it directly.