[Ended] Let's talk about the selection of distributed databases and hear from retail industry veterans about their thoughts and practices on migrating from MySQL to TiDB! Also, TiDB 7.5 LTS high-performance batch processing solutions

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 【已结束】一起来聊聊分布式数据库的选型,听听零售行业老法师们选择从 MySQL 迁移到 TiDB 的思考和实践!还有 TiDB 7.5 LTS 高性能批处理方案

| username: YY-ha

Happy New Year to all community members! :hugs: Wishing everyone peace, health, and success in the new year!

As the new year begins, the TiDB Community City Station technical exchange events will also embark on a new journey. In this brand new year, we hope to have more face-to-face exchanges with community members, discuss your expectations for TiDB, talk about the challenges and solutions you encountered during usage. This year, we will also invite more TiDB original factory R&D members to join community activities, to discuss needs or respond to “complaints” in real-time. We also hope to use the city station’s technical exchange events to have a meal and chat with community members we haven’t seen in a long time! :sparkling_heart:

March 9, Shenzhen Station, let’s meet!

This event is organized by Mr. Li Wenjie, the organizer of the TiDB Community in South China. We have also invited TiDB users from South China to discuss application practices in retail, internet marketing services, and overseas scenarios, focusing on the selection and migration from MySQL to TiDB. We will also introduce the new features and solutions of TiDB v7.0 and above.

• Time: March 9 (Saturday) 14:00-18:00

• Location: Shenzhen Bao’an District Yifang Center Building B, 7th Floor

• Format: Offline sharing + Online live broadcast

Topics Preview:

Topic: Interpretation and Application Exploration of TiDB 7.5 Resource Control Features
Speaker: Li Wenjie, TiDB Community Moderator, South China Organizer

Topic Introduction:
Sharing the multi-tenant related features of the latest TiDB v7.5 LTS version and exploring its application value. 1. Multi-tenant architecture based on TiDB 2. Resource control and new feature exploration 3. Summary and outlook.

Speaker Introduction:
An open-source community enthusiast, also a TiDB community moderator and organizer in South China. Hopes to use the platform provided by the community to exchange experiences and share knowledge with community members. Also hopes to contribute to the further activation and high-quality development of the community through sharing technical articles, exchanging experiences, and sharing knowledge.

Topic: From Multiple MySQL Instances to One TiDB - Application Practice of Junbo Network Comprehensive Operation Management Platform
Speaker: Tang Fan, System Architect at Guangzhou Junbo Network Technology Co., Ltd.

Topic Introduction:
Sharing the experience of fully migrating a long-running system to TiDB. Including the process of choosing TiDB; the migration process; some issues encountered during migration, and the benefits brought by the migration.

Speaker Introduction:
Over 10 years of full-stack development experience in mobile internet, proficient in big data platform architecture design, front-end and back-end service architecture design, front-end and back-end application development, big data governance, etc. Led the team to develop a high-concurrency data synchronization platform, a massive data collection platform, a high-concurrency service scheduling system, and the implementation of data governance within the organization. Held positions such as R&D engineer, head of the big data platform development department, and system architect.

Topic: Database Selection for Retail ToC Systems
Speaker: Cui Wentao, Architect at Yunsheng Haihong

Topic Introduction:
Sharing Yunsheng Haihong’s thoughts on database selection. 1: Issues encountered using MyCat + MySQL for business systems 2: Concerns and verification methods for migrating the system database from MyCat + MySQL to TiDB 3: Effects after migration.

Speaker Introduction:
ToC system architect at Yunsheng Haihong, researching technical directions such as microservice architecture, commonly used middleware, and cloud-native.

Topic: Selection and Practice of NewSQL Distributed Databases
Speaker: Su Chenghui, Database/Middleware Leader at Quwan Technology

Topic Introduction:
Sharing Quwan’s product selection and some practices of TiDB in introducing NewSQL. 1: Four standards considered for selecting a distributed database 2: Advantages of TiDB 3: Issues encountered using TiDB.

Speaker Introduction:
Database expert at Quwan Technology, mainly responsible for the stability and platform construction of databases and middleware.

Topic: High-Performance Batch Processing Solutions for TiDB 7.5 LTS
Speaker: Tang Bowen, Pre-sales Consultant at PingCAP

Topic Introduction:
Sharing some common batch processing scenarios encountered while serving customers and some optimization solutions, discussing more solutions based on actual tests. Users will learn 1. How BATCH DML benefits single-table batch processing scenarios; 2. High-performance import solutions with IMPORT INTO; 3. Other implementation methods for data export scenarios.

Speaker Introduction:
Former Oracle DBA, EBS R12 DBA, MySQL DBA, currently a pre-sales consultant at PingCAP. As a pre-sales expert for TiDB distributed databases, dedicated to helping customers solve database challenges, providing suitable solutions to achieve demand response, efficiency improvement, and cost reduction in hardware and manpower. Outside of work, enjoys food and nature. Welcome to exchange ideas.

:clap: More exciting topics are being prepared! Any updates will be added to this article.

Interested, sign up now:

Registration link: 3 月 9 日 TiDB 社区地区交流活动(深圳站)报名表 - PingCAP Community Form

On-site Volunteer Recruitment:

Note: The number of volunteers for this event is full, thank you for your support!

Volunteer roles and quantity description:

1. Check-in Desk Volunteers (2 people)

• Responsible for welcoming attendees at the check-in desk and assisting them with check-in
  • Responsible for distributing attendee gifts at the check-in desk and setting up the check-in desk in advance

2. Event Guide Volunteers (2-3 people)

• The site will be divided into different areas, such as interactive play area, family area, etc., each person responsible for guiding and explaining different areas
  • Provide guidance on event procedures and safety precautions to attendees

Volunteer Requirements:

• Able to arrive at the event site at least 2 hours in advance on the event day to participate in on-site preparations
  • Have good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills

If you have experience as a volunteer for similar technical sharing events, are outgoing, and enjoy communicating with tech enthusiasts, you are welcome to sign up! Once approved, we will promptly synchronize with you!

Volunteer Benefits:

• TiDB Community Peripheral Gift Pack (new backpack, ultra-light and practical, plus trendy fisherman hat, long socks, and travel mug!)

• TiDB Community Volunteer Certificate

• Community dinner after the event, exchanging ideas with senior database experts

• 300 TiDB Community Points

How to sign up as a volunteer:

The number of volunteers for this event is full! Thank you again for your enthusiastic support~

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

I signed up in my heart, it’s too far, just give me 300 points.

| username: jiayou64 | Original post link

Remote support for @TiDB

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

:tada: Cloud support~

| username: caiyfc | Original post link

Too close to me, charge

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

Not going to block you!!!

| username: db_user | Original post link

Cloud support

| username: WinterLiu | Original post link

Please come to Chongqing for an event, I am willing to volunteer.

| username: xfworld | Original post link

I don’t believe it~~ :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

| username: hey-hoho | Original post link

Any thoughts on the Wuhan event? It feels like it’s going to be competitive. :face_with_peeking_eye:

| username: cassblanca | Original post link

Do we need to travel to provide support?

| username: xfworld | Original post link

I am currently unable to control myself…

| username: TiDBer_LM | Original post link

How do I apply to be a volunteer…?

| username: Jellybean | Original post link

Support hhh

| username: YY-ha | Original post link

The volunteers have all been recruited. The friends in Shenzhen are so enthusiastic :grin: They gathered within an hour.

| username: zhang_2023 | Original post link

I want to go :+1:

| username: DBRE | Original post link

Got it! Please provide the Chinese text you need translated.

| username: dukewen | Original post link

It’s not that I have to be a volunteer, I mainly want the merchandise and points. :joy:

| username: YY-ha | Original post link

Come to the event, we also have a raffle :nerd_face: