Error in TiCDC Synchronization to COS

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: TiCDC同步到cos报错

| username: Ming

[TiDB Usage Environment] Testing
[TiDB Version] v6.5.8
[Reproduction Path] TiCDC task was created normally, then the configuration file for the synchronized table was changed, and the task was restarted.
It took a long time to succeed, and then COS showed synchronization, but the task could not be deleted. So, I scaled down TiCDC on the server side and then scaled it up again, but after that, I couldn’t create tasks anymore.
[Encountered Problem: Phenomenon and Impact] It seems that the IPV6 protocol is not supported, but IPV6 protocol was not used, and there is no error information in the logs.

| username: Soysauce520 | Original post link

Try patching it, it’s already at 6.5.8.

| username: gary | Original post link

Version 7 is more compatible with IPV6.

| username: Ming | Original post link

Well, by observing the logs, it is already the v6.5.8 patch.

For the time being, we are not considering an upgrade and have not found any instances of using IPV6.

Is the network currently connected? It seems like it’s not according to the logs.

The network is connected, and it can be pinged.

Is there no problem with nslookup resolution? Check the hosts file or DNS resolution.

The hosts have been checked.
For CDC, it should be accessed through nslookup, and then a problem occurred.

Is the CDC component also version 6.5.8?

Yes, CDC is patched to version 6.5.8.

You can try using the s3cmd tool to connect to the S3 storage and see what error it reports.

Try to see if you can get and put files.

Ping is successful, so there should be no need to verify the connection again, right?

If the IP address can be pinged, can the domain name be pinged as well?

You can also check ak and sk, as well as storage-class.

Yes, the domain name is reachable when pinged.

This has been checked and there are no issues. It was successful before, and there have been almost no changes in this area.

That might be an unknown bug. You can test version 7 yourself. If the customer cannot upgrade, I can’t think of any other solutions. :scream:

| username: buddyyuan | Original post link

I encountered a similar issue before with dumpling to COS. The token from the last application expired after a long time. Later, the development team added a retry mechanism to resolve it.