Error Occurred After Using Mydumper for Data Backup, TiKV Unable to Start

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 使用mydumper进行数据备份后报错,tikv无法启动。

| username: 末0_0想

[Test Environment for TiDB] Testing
[TiDB Version] V6.5.0
[Reproduction Path]

mydumper -u root -p 'HGe9' -P 4000 -h 10.18.104.156 --regex '^(?!(mysql|test|information_schema|METRICS_SCHEMA|performance_schema|sys))' -G -R -E -c  -K -r 20000  -t 1 -F 32 --no-schemas -o ./bak -L ./bak.log

After using the above command for backup, I found that TiKV often couldn’t connect and frequently restarted. I forcibly paused the backup with ctrl + c. Later, I found that the TiKV node couldn’t restart, with the main symptoms as follows:

The process started but did not respond to the port service. I manually started the service, but it got stuck on the following command.
There were no related errors in the logs, just a warning.

Can any expert guide me on how to troubleshoot this next?

| username: xfworld | Original post link

Is there only one TiKV node?

| username: 末0_0想 | Original post link

Yes, only one is like this. :joy: After an hour, it was fine again. :joy: Why is this?

The configuration is too low… :rofl:

| username: 末0_0想 | Original post link

Is there any way to limit this kind of issue? Even with high configuration in a production environment, this problem can’t be avoided, right? My machines are basically 8C16G, and exporting 5G data will crash the nodes. I’m speechless. :joy:

Refer to the official configuration as a reference; if it’s too low, you’ll need to gauge it yourself… :upside_down_face:

It’s not that it can’t be used, but you need to control resources to avoid OOM and adapt to the scenario… It’s just quite challenging…

It’s recommended to use a 10G network…

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.