Error When Scaling TiDB Cluster

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: TIDB扩缩容集群时报错

| username: cangzhiren

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment
[TiDB Version] 6.0.0
[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed when the issue occurred
[Encountered Issue: Issue Phenomenon and Impact]
When performing scale-out or scale-in operations on the TiDB cluster, there is an error due to a conflict on the 9100 port of an existing node. After logging into the machine and terminating the process occupying the port, the scale-out or scale-in operation still reports an error.
[Resource Configuration] Go to TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page

[Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring]

| username: ffeenn | Original post link

Is it TiKV that is being scaled down in version 9.34? Please share the scale-out.yaml file for review.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

You can use tiup cluster edit-config cluster_name to check if port 9100 is occupied by your node_exporter_port. Try changing it to a different port.

| username: cangzhiren | Original post link

I want to scale TiFlash, but the error shows that the TiKV port is occupied, which is very strange.

Are you saying that you changed the node_exporter_port in the cluster configuration file? Will changing this configuration affect the normal use of the cluster?

Didn’t you kill the process? What problem could there be with changing the port? Did you specify port 9100 in your scale-out.yaml?

I killed the process on the IP 10.182.9.34, but I didn’t touch the processes on other machines. The scale-out.yaml did not specify this port. What I mean is, if we change the cluster’s 9100 port overall using edit-config, will there be any issues?

The 9100 port configuration in the cluster configuration file is as follows:
monitored:
node_exporter_port: 9100
blackbox_exporter_port: 9115
deploy_dir: /data1/tidb-deploy/monitor-9100
data_dir: /data1/tidb-data/monitor-9100
log_dir: /data1/tidb-deploy/monitor-9100/log

Do you have two clusters here?
The name of the expanded cluster is different from the cluster name mentioned below.

Thank you very much. It was indeed the nodes in the tidb_live cluster that caused the issue. After removing the nodes from tidb_live, the original cluster can scale in and out normally. Thanks again :heart:

| username: 胡杨树旁 | Original post link

It seems that this port cannot be modified with edit-config; modification is not allowed.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.