Everyone, feel free to ask questions about installation and deployment. Let's see if I can help you solve them

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 大家快来提提问题吧,安装部署类的,看看我能不能帮你解决

| username: Anna

【TiDB Usage Environment】Testing
【TiDB Version】
【Reproduction Path】Operations performed that led to the issue
【Encountered Issue: Issue Symptoms and Impact】
【Resource Configuration】
【Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring】

| username: Timber | Original post link

When expanding PD without using tiup and kubectl, what points should be noted? We are using internal deployment tools, and when adding nodes, we can add some startup parameters for the nodes. What should I add in the startup parameters? I saw a join parameter, for example, expanding from pd-1 to three nodes, I joined pd-1 in pd-2 and pd-3, but the experimental results showed that pd-2 and pd-3 started in a new cluster. By checking the member list with etcd tools, I found that this new cluster includes pd-1, pd-2, and pd-3, but pd-1 is actually still in the original cluster, so the PD cluster cannot reach consensus internally, and errors keep occurring because they are not in the same cluster during interaction. What else should I pay attention to? How does kubectl achieve this?

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.