Found that the table name is null in information_schema.TIKV_REGION_STATUS, occupying most of the space. What kind of data is this? It's almost filling up the disk. Seeking expert advice

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 在 information_schema.TIKV_REGION_STATUS 中 查到table name为null的 占用了大部分空间,这部分是什么数据,快把磁盘搞满了 求大神指教

| username: TiDBer_卑微打工rer

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment / Testing / PoC
[TiDB Version]
[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed when the issue occurred
[Encountered Issue: Issue Phenomenon and Impact]
[Resource Configuration] Go to TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page
[Attachments: Screenshots / Logs / Monitoring]

| username: caiyfc | Original post link

Have you recently dropped a table? What is the GC time?

| username: TiDBer_卑微打工rer | Original post link

The GC time is default, seems to be 10 minutes. There were drop and truncate operations in the morning.

I suspect that the table was dropped, so the table name is gone, but the data has not yet been garbage collected, which is why it can still be queried.
You can check if the GC safepoint is stuck.

| username: 小龙虾爱大龙虾 | Original post link

By looking at the start key and end key ranges of these regions, you can roughly tell what this data is.

I see that the last time GC was triggered was on the 14th. It seems like it hasn’t been cleaned up. How should I clean it up?

If these regions are found, do they need to be manually cleared?

First, troubleshoot according to this.

Okay :handshake: I’ll study this first. Thanks a lot.

| username: 小龙虾爱大龙虾 | Original post link

Don’t manually handle the region. If it’s historical and unused data, it will be cleaned up automatically.

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

GC will clean up regularly, and also check if the parameters for merging empty REGIONS are appropriate.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.