How to Add Small Projects to the Monitoring Dashboard

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 监控面板的小项目如何添加

| username: 路在何chu

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment 4014
[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed when the issue occurred

[Encountered Issue: Issue Phenomenon and Impact]
kv backoff ops only has three items, how to add more, the documentation mentions five items

| username: 小龙虾爱大龙虾 | Original post link

You don’t have that label in the monitoring, so it didn’t show up. :joy_cat:

| username: vcdog | Original post link

For monitoring alerts, you can refer to this official documentation link: TiDB 集群报警规则 | PingCAP 文档中心

| username: TiDBer_1111 | Original post link

It should all be there, categorized by type. If it’s not there, it’s possible that the kv retry isn’t triggered by the type of error you need.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

Oh, if it doesn’t show up, it means you don’t have this error. You can extend the time period a bit and see if there are any such errors.

| username: DBAER | Original post link

Is it because the version is relatively old and doesn’t have these metrics?

| username: zhang_2023 | Original post link

I didn’t see any.

| username: TiDBer_LM | Original post link

Intentionally create some issues and then extend the time. Let’s see if it happens.

| username: 路在何chu | Original post link

I have a lot of tidb_tikvclient_backoff_seconds_count metrics, it should be that there are no such metrics.

| username: xfworld | Original post link

It seems like the documentation versions got mixed up. If you want to see more monitoring parameters, I suggest scheduling an upgrade…

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

No, this is to count the types and times of your backoff, but if there are some types of backoff that are not present in the time period you are searching for, they will not be displayed.

| username: 友利奈绪 | Original post link

You can refer to the official documentation link: https://docs.pingcap.com/zh/tidb/stable/alert-rules