How to Effectively Detect TiDB Parameter Configuration Errors

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: TiDB参数配置错误,如何有效检测

| username: 源de爸

[TiDB Usage Environment] Test
[TiDB Version] 7.4
[Reproduction Path]
Step 1: Modify configuration parameters
tiup cluster edit-config tidb-test
Add the proxy-protocol.networks parameter, assuming an unsupported parameter is incorrectly configured (e.g., localhost): proxy-protocol.networks: localhost,192.168.111.111

Step 2: Restart the cluster
tiup cluster reload tidb-test -R tidb
During the restart process, multiple TiDB nodes restart sequentially, and no errors are logged.

Step 3: Check the restart status
After the restart, the dashboard shows that all TiDB nodes are online.
Execute: tiup cluster display command, which shows TiDB nodes as Down, indicating that the database cluster is actually in an abnormal state.

[Question 1]
Is this issue specific to the proxy-protocol.networks parameter? If an incorrect parameter is configured, there are no errors during the configuration file save process or the restart process. Are there any other detection methods to avoid this issue?

[Question 2]
Is there any way to make the dashboard data refresh more timely?

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

:flushed: It should support localhost, but it cannot be accessed after configuration. You can try parameters like xxxxxxx; I understand that these are the parameters that are not supported.

| username: WalterWj | Original post link

The parameter is not supported, and it can be seen in the TiDB error log or system log.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

The proxy-protocol.networks is quite special, you need to look it up yourself.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

After you removed localhost, did it work normally after restarting?

| username: 连连看db | Original post link

If the parameter is wrong, it will report an error. If the parameter value is wrong, it may not necessarily report an error.

| username: Soysauce520 | Original post link

After modifying the parameter edit-config, there will be a confirmation action. Some regular parameters will be checked for compliance, prompting you to either modify them again or keep them as they are, while others do not. :sweat:

| username: 源de爸 | Original post link

Yes, IP or *, both are acceptable.

Alright, indeed the phenomenon is like this.

| username: DBAER | Original post link

Does this not support two IPs? MongoDB allows this kind of binding.

Okay, got it. The main issue is that I didn’t see any error logs when reloading, so I assumed there were none in the log file either.

That’s right, I thought they would check it for you.

It seems like this, everything seemed normal during the restart.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.