How to Modify node_exporter Without Being Overwritten

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: node_exporter如何修改不被覆盖

| username: magongyong

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment / Testing / PoC
[TiDB Version] 6.5.2
[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed to cause the issue
Due to the company’s centralized monitoring requirements, each server’s node_exporter needs to add some extra parameters, such as --collector.ntp.server=192.168.10.100. However, after modifying each node of the TiDB cluster, as long as one component or single node is reloaded, the previous parameters will be overwritten and lost.

How can I add node_exporter parameters without them being overwritten? Thank you.

[Encountered Issue: Issue Phenomenon and Impact]
[Resource Configuration] Go to TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page
[Attachments: Screenshots / Logs / Monitoring]

| username: DBRE | Original post link

I’m afraid this can’t be done unless you don’t use tiup to manage the cluster. Alternatively, you could add an extra automated step to modify node_exporter when operating the nodes with tiup. We also have some customizations, and every time we operate on the nodes, they get overwritten. Unfortunately, tiup still lacks some customization features in terms of monitoring. :joy:

| username: magongyong | Original post link

Alright, alright, then I’ll add an Ansible script. It’s also good to manually execute it after reload :laughing:. Thanks a lot.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.