How to Perform Offline Data Import in TiKV

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 请问下tikv实现离线导入数据怎么操作

| username: 我家有个臭皮崽

Could you please explain what “status-addr” means in tikv-importer?

Then I have a few questions to ask:

1. How to import data into the tikv cluster through offline import? I see there is an importerSST service in kvproto. Is this service running on the tikv cluster?
  2. Is there any documentation for implementing the importerSST client? Could you send me a copy?
| username: WalterWj | Original post link

Using the backend, the import has already been integrated.

| username: 我家有个臭皮崽 | Original post link

So how do you write the client for importing data? :joy:

Check the official website: 使用 Physical Import Mode | PingCAP 文档中心. Pay attention to the cluster version, this is a relatively new version.

What if we don’t use Lightning and directly use kvproto to write a client for data import?

| username: redgame | Original post link

Then you need to call the importerSST interface to import the SST file into the TiKV cluster. You can use the Ingest or IngestMerged methods to import the SST file.

Are there any examples or materials on this? Actually, I know that the service ImportKV in kvproto comes up with the TiKV cluster, right?

Is there any information or examples on importing SST files into a TiKV cluster by calling the importerSST interface? You can use the Ingest or IngestMerged methods to import SST files.

No, I think you can read the source code of Lightning local mode.