How to Search Monitoring Items in Grafana

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: Grafana如何搜索监控项

| username: 江湖故人

For example, if I want to find Memory trace, the path is TiKV-Details => Server => Memory trace. Is there a way to quickly search for Memory trace or locate other Memory-related monitoring charts?

| username: 数据库真NB | Original post link

No, I don’t think so. Are you looking for a search engine-like window? It seems there isn’t one.

| username: 江湖故人 | Original post link

Yes, there are too many monitoring items, and they might be moved by someone.

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

Usually, you can check the monitoring metrics in the documentation. TiKV, PD, and TiDB all have categories, and it will detail where the monitoring is located.

| username: DBAER | Original post link

Create a read-only account

| username: 江湖故人 | Original post link

I don’t know how to persist the Grafana configuration data. It would be great if it could be queried directly.

| username: GreenGuan | Original post link

You can only quickly locate TiKV-Details, and within the TiKV-Details panel, you need to find the dashboard yourself. Once you are familiar with it, there are only a few that you often look at.

| username: DBRE | Original post link

You can only search by dashboard name.

| username: DBRE | Original post link

The content in the Grafana dashboard used by TiDB should not be changeable, as it seems to use Grafana’s provisioning feature.

You can filter in the dashboards directory under the Grafana deployment directory, find the corresponding dashboard name, and then search in the dashboard web URL, but it is much more complicated.

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

The data in Grafana is stored in Prometheus, which is a time-series database. You can look into it if you’re interested.

| username: yulei7633 | Original post link

Once you become familiar with it, you’ll immediately know which module to query from.

| username: RenlySir | Original post link

You can only search for the names of the main panels; for detailed sections, you still need to click inside to find them.

| username: zhaokede | Original post link

I didn’t see an option to go directly to the small panel.

| username: Soysauce520 | Original post link

Relying purely on clicking more, getting familiar with it. You can create one with view-only permissions, in case you’re worried about it being moved.

| username: kelvin | Original post link

It depends on the proficiency.

| username: TiDBer_rvITcue9 | Original post link

Click more when you have time.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.