How to specify the request frequency when using BR for data recovery?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 使用br做数据恢复时,怎么指定请求频率呢?

| username: 泰迪比爱好者

【TiDB Usage Environment】Production Environment / Testing / Poc
【TiDB Version】v7.1.1
【Reproduction Path】Operations performed that led to the issue
【Encountered Issue: Issue Phenomenon and Impact】
【Resource Configuration】
【Attachments: Screenshots / Logs / Monitoring】

| username: 泰迪比爱好者 | Original post link

I have specified the minimum rate limit as 2 and the maximum as 1024, but it still disconnects the same way.

| username: 舞动梦灵 | Original post link

How much data?

22GB, 200 million rows of data.

Just one table?? That shouldn’t be. I always restore the entire database and haven’t encountered any errors.

I’m also puzzled and think there might be some configuration that needs optimization.

Is there any error log information?

This is the error log. I set up a MinIO locally and then performed data recovery from MinIO.

Are all the permissions correct? I haven’t used MinIO. I didn’t have any issues with NFS for small full backups, 6G. Check the official documentation to see if the S3-related permissions are relevant.

| username: Fly-bird | Original post link

It seems that there is an issue with your backup files, as the logs indicate they cannot be read.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

How about switching to NFS?

| username: yeminhua | Original post link

Using NFS is both simple and stable. I use high-capacity NFS with a 10-gigabit network, ratelimit 256, and backups and restores of a 30TB database are stable.

Hey bro, how long did your backup take? I’m planning to migrate. With 3 replicas totaling 40T, each one is estimated to be around 14T. How long will it take to complete the backup and restore?

| username: yeminhua | Original post link

I have a 30TB cluster with 3 replicas, and the backup is around 10TB. With a lower speed limit, it normally takes about 10 hours to complete the backup, at a rate of around 400MB per second. This doesn’t affect normal usage.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

It mainly depends on your network bandwidth and disk I/O capability. Without bottlenecks, it can reach several hundred megabytes per second.