How to View BR Historical Backup Information?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 如何查看br历史备份信息?

| username: 春风十里

[TiDB Usage Environment] Testing/PoC
[TiDB Version] 7.5.0
[Encountered Problem: Problem Phenomenon and Impact]
Previously, I performed some backups on the database using BR, including full backups, single table backups, incremental backups, and log backups. How can I view the historical backup information of BR? For example, how can I see which backups I have done before? How can I view the specific backup content, whether it is a full backup, incremental backup, or single table backup?

| username: 小龙虾爱大龙虾 | Original post link

Check the backup logs :rofl:, or develop your own backup script to record the backup information.

| username: 春风十里 | Original post link

The main issue is that I previously used a mysqldump generated from a MySQL test environment to restore, which resulted in the data in tables like mysql.user being cleared. Now, I want to find a full backup to restore, but it’s been a while, and I’m not sure which is the most complete backup. There’s no record in bash history. When I checked SHOW BACKUPS; it was empty, as SHOW BACKUPS only displays ongoing backups. There’s no record of historical backups. It seems I can’t directly view the backup files either, so I’m asking if there’s any way to find information on historical backups. If not, I’ll have to try it myself.

| username: 这里介绍不了我 | Original post link

If you don’t record it yourself, I can’t think of any other way.

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

:thinking: The simplest way is to directly execute the restore command and check the restore result.

It seems that you can also see it here.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

https://docs.pingcap.com/zh/tidb/stable/br-snapshot-guide#query-snapshot-backup-timestamps

| username: 哈喽沃德 | Original post link

You can use the br backup list command to list all the backup information.

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

You can use the br backup list command to check.

Is there such a command? I couldn’t find it.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

It seems there isn’t.

Yes, it feels like this area needs to be strengthened. After all, it would be better to have a specific place to check the contents of historical backups.

:joy: Is this creating something out of nothing?

| username: zhang_2023 | Original post link

There are logs.

| username: andone | Original post link

Log it.

| username: xingzhenxiang | Original post link

If MinIO is named properly, you can view it in the console.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

I hope this information can be recorded in PD in the future. The data volume is not large, and it is convenient to view and restore.

| username: 哈喽沃德 | Original post link

I hope the official can release something like Oracle’s RMAN.

You can go to the suggestion and feedback section to make a request. :yum:

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.