Is it easy to find a job with a general undergraduate degree in this field?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 普通本科学这个好找工作吗?

| username: TiDBer_FEcT68r0

The teacher asked us to take this course, but I’m not sure about the job prospects.

| username: CuteRay | Original post link

Good, very good. Once you’ve learned it well, you can come to me.

| username: xfworld | Original post link

You can also come to me,

You can also check this out

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

If you master TiDB well, you’ll have one more option when looking for a job.

| username: magic | Original post link

Your teacher is quite impressive, paying attention to TiDB.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

The country is currently vigorously promoting the removal of IOE. In my company, we are all moving towards localization. As a leading domestic database, learning TiDB definitely has its benefits.

| username: TiDBer_jYQINSnf | Original post link

Reference study materials.

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

Look here, many universities have started offering courses. https://learn.pingcap.com/learner/course/1230001

| username: xingzhenxiang | Original post link

The DBA community welcomes you to join in.

| username: magic | Original post link

It’s pretty good. I didn’t have the chance to get involved with the open-source community earlier during university. I’ll recommend it to my teachers if I get the chance (though it might not have much impact :face_with_diagonal_mouth:).

| username: tracy0984 | Original post link

Welcome to join~~
DBA mainly focuses on experience and ability.

| username: dba-kit | Original post link

The DBA field is very specialized, and most of the knowledge it relies on is not covered in most school curricula. Therefore, practical experience is more important. If you are already familiar with a specific database during your undergraduate studies, you will have a significant advantage when applying for a DBA position. (However, some large companies recruit graduates in broad categories, so you might be interviewed by an SRE instead of a DBA…)

| username: Hacker007 | Original post link

This works.

| username: Hacker007 | Original post link

It can add a finishing touch, but just learning this is not enough.

| username: 普罗米修斯 | Original post link

TiDB is very practical and a standout among distributed deployments.

| username: 张雨齐0720 | Original post link

A solid foundation in computer science is definitely essential.
Work is essentially the practice of various specialized fields. If you want to engage in DBA-related work, studying diligently will surely open up many job opportunities for you.

| username: TiDBer_FEcT68r0 | Original post link

However, the scope of undergraduate studies is very broad, and a lot of knowledge is just touched upon without being mastered.

| username: TiDBer_FEcT68r0 | Original post link

It’s hard to find a specific direction to focus on for learning.

| username: WinterLiu | Original post link

An old-timer with ten years of work experience, just starting to learn this now!!!

| username: TiDBer_jYQINSnf | Original post link

Stick to your goals. If you want to pursue a particular direction, keep at it, even if another direction offers a higher salary.

For example: You just graduated and found a development job that pays 5000, while working at a construction site might pay 8000. However, the ceiling for your job is much higher than that of a construction worker.

As someone who has been working for many years, I advise against frequently switching directions. In the end, your resume might only say: “Familiar with xx language.” If there’s nothing else, it won’t be very meaningful.