Is it feasible for TiKV, PD server, and TiDB server in a TIUP cluster to not be on the same cloud server?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: TIUP 集群 的TIKV和pd server tidbserver 不在同一个云服务器可行吗?

| username: 舞动梦灵

Is it feasible for the TIKV and PD servers of the TIUP cluster to not be on the same cloud server as the TiDB server? The dedicated line bandwidth delay between Alibaba Cloud and Tencent Cloud is 1-5ms. Can we scale up or down between different cloud servers? Are there any other issues?

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

Not feasible, unless the latency is controlled below 1ms, and the network quality requirements are extremely high.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

Not recommended, distributed databases have high network requirements.

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

It’s completely unusable, the latency is too high.

| username: 大飞哥online | Original post link

As long as the network is strong, it will work. But it’s best to keep it within one provider, after all, it involves cross-service vendors.

| username: Hacker007 | Original post link

Performance will definitely be affected. What’s your bandwidth? The latency for synchronizing massive amounts of data is probably not low.

| username: 舞动梦灵 | Original post link

I want to do the migration using the expansion method. I just asked the vendor about the latency, and they said it’s within 2ms. I’m not sure if it’s feasible.

| username: Fly-bird | Original post link

The network is not working.

| username: 昵称想不起来了 | Original post link

It doesn’t seem to work well, unless you can tolerate the delay.

| username: 舞动梦灵 | Original post link

Are you referring to the latency in terms of SQL queries, accessing KV data, and then the KV data returning to TiDB? In other words, is the reduction in latency for all SQL access speeds?