Is it normal for monitoring anomalies to occur after a TiKV node goes down and its status changes to "down," then recovers to "up" after 1 hour?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: tikv其中一个节点宕机之后状态为dwon,1小时之后恢复,状态恢复为up监控异常是否为正常现象

| username: 舞动梦灵

According to the image, there are two services that haven’t started and one node is offline.
In fact, all nodes in the cluster are up.

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

These two are Prometheus monitoring clients. They are not displayed on the display cluster. Go to the problematic node and restart the blackbox_exporter and node_exporter processes.

| username: 大飞哥online | Original post link

It can be ignored.

| username: 舞动梦灵 | Original post link

I was thinking it could be ignored, as the TiKV node has already started and is up normally.

Check again. Indeed, these two processes did not start… I didn’t notice. I only thought that the TiKV process needed to be started. -_-||

I looked into the tombstone stores issue and found other articles mentioning that the official documentation states that when a TiKV node crashes and then recovers, the monitoring might not respond. In such cases, you need to delete a certain file in the corresponding directory, but this can be ignored.

| username: h5n1 | Original post link

pd-ctl -u http://pd_ip:2379 store remove-tombstone
or curl -X DELETE pd-addr:port/pd/api/v1/stores/remove-tombstone

Handle it.

Thank you. I’ve seen this approach, but without a testing environment, I’m hesitant to proceed directly. I’ll just leave it for now.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

Take a look at the logs of the two nodes to see what was recorded at that time.

The two corresponding monitoring services did not start automatically after the restart. They were started manually.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.