Is the display of execution details in dashboard monitoring and SQL statement analysis related to root permissions?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: dashboard监控,SQL语句分析中执行详情是否显示是和root权限有关吗

| username: 气死人的萌新

[TiDB Usage Environment] Single Machine
[TiDB Version] 6.1.0
[Problem Encountered: In the monitoring dashboard, on the statement analysis page, there is an execution details item. The difference between it and SQL statement analysis is that constants have not been turned into question marks. In a single machine environment, I can see it, but in the actual environment, there is no execution details option. Is it because the logged-in user is root?]

[Attachment: Screenshot/Log/Monitoring]

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

I haven’t encountered this before, as TiDB recommends deploying with the tidb user.

Coincidentally, I have an environment deployed with the tidb user here, and the version is also v6.1.0. It opens normally.

| username: cassblanca | Original post link

It has nothing to do with root. I also use root.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

I installed it as root. Are both of your environment users root?

Are you referring to the user that logs into the database? This user has not been created separately.

It refers to the root user for database login.

It is possible that the issue you mentioned is related to permissions. You can refer to this link for more information on permissions:

There is no problem with creating a new user and granting permissions according to the official manual.

| username: redgame | Original post link

GRANT SUPER ON . TO ‘dashboard_access’@‘%’;

:call_me_hand: :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand:

| username: 气死人的萌新 | Original post link

I checked the production environment, and it was my mistake. I remembered incorrectly. The execution details SQL statement is too long and will be truncated.

:wink: False alarm

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.