Issue with the Number of Tables Supported by TiFlash

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: tiflash支持表数量问题

| username: wenyi

May I ask if synchronizing more than 1000 tables with TiFlash will reduce the scheduling performance of PD? Has this issue been resolved in version 6.5.1?

| username: tidb狂热爱好者 | Original post link

The performance issue with synchronization was only resolved in version 6.6 and above.

| username: wenyi | Original post link

It is not recommended to use versions greater than 6.6 for production.

| username: tidb狂热爱好者 | Original post link

partitioned-raft-kv. After enabling it, PD can support many tables. The main performance issue was caused by the previous 96MB limit.

Thank you, expert.

May I know where I can find the partitioned-raft-kv parameter? I would like to systematically study it.

| username: TI表弟 | Original post link

In what scenarios would you need to synchronize more than 1000 tables? Discussing technology without context is pointless. If you really have more than 1000 tables, get a 128GB PD and a 32-core CPU. Are you still worried that PD will be the bottleneck?

The expert is impressive, proficient in source code.

Jiang Shen is the best forever.

Understood, resources are not an issue as long as it meets our needs. We are currently synchronizing databases to TiFlash, and we already have 800 tables. The business is gradually adding more tables, and we are concerned about exceeding 1000 tables.

Resources are not an issue, and TiDB is definitely not a problem either. It’s just a matter of increasing CPU and memory. Since it’s already distributed, TiDB is awesome. I’m ucan from the group, give me a best answer selection.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.