Issue with TiDB Executing Certain Statements Every 5 Minutes

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: tidb的每5分钟会执行一些语句的问题

| username: zhanggame1

【TiDB Usage Environment】
【TiDB Version】7.1
【Encountered Problem: Phenomenon and Impact】

From the topsql monitoring, it can be seen that there is a TiDB node executing some statements every 5 minutes. Does anyone know what is being done every 5 minutes? It looks a bit like collecting statistics. Is there a parameter to control the interval?

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

The processing of statistical information, this kind of SQL should be very fast, it shouldn’t appear in TopSQL, right?

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

Test database, currently not accessible.

Can the 5-minute interval be adjusted?

| username: 胡杨树旁 | Original post link

I also want to connect the MySQL database to the monitoring tools Dashboard and Grafana. Has anyone tried this?

Grafana is very simple, just configure the MySQL data source, and then configure the monitoring items.

| username: 胡杨树旁 | Original post link

Are there any references for monitoring items?

A long time ago, I configured some settings, basically to monitor some common MySQL statuses.

| username: redgame | Original post link

I remember it is this parameter, stats-lease = 300

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

Default value: 3s

• Every stats-lease interval, TiDB checks if there are updates to the statistics. If there are, it updates them in memory.
  • Every 20 * stats-lease interval, TiDB updates the total number of rows generated by DML and the changes in the number of modified rows to the system table.
| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.