Issues with Dumpling Backup

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: dumpling备份的问题

| username: zhanggame1

[Test Environment] TiDB
[TiDB Version] 7.1.2
[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed when the issue occurred
[Encountered Issue: Issue Phenomenon and Impact]
[Resource Configuration] Go to TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page
[Attachment: Screenshot/Log/Monitoring]

The dumpling backup was successful. What does this error message in the middle mean? Is it accessing PD?

| username: WalterWj | Original post link

There is no data in this part of the backup, right?

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

Are you referring to that etcd warning?

| username: WalterWj | Original post link

Not sure what it does, feels unnecessary :thinking:

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

Backup successful? Does the backup file contain data?

Success, there is data.

| username: 有猫万事足 | Original post link

It might be that the network bandwidth was heavily used during the export, causing the request to PD to time out.

When I use BR for full backup, if I forget to add the rate limit parameter, it’s very easy for the backup to fail due to network timeout. :joy:

| username: Jellybean | Original post link

It looks like dumpling is interacting with the pd’s etcd module while exporting data. Data migration tools usually access etcd to record and access related metadata information.

The logs should record the connections being accessed, and the error is due to disconnections caused by timeouts or similar reasons. There is usually an internal retry mechanism for optimization. You might want to check if there are any network jitters.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

This should be an error when accessing PD, but Dumpling is still functioning normally. I often encounter errors during backups as well, but the data files appear to be normal.

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

There is an issue with the PD routing information.

No, the backup machine and the machine are not the same.