Issues with Installing TiUniManager

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: TiUniManager安装问题

| username: TiDBer_P49NMjIm

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment / Testing / PoC
[TiDB Version]
[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed when the issue occurred
[Encountered Issue: Issue Phenomenon and Impact]
[Resource Configuration] Go to TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page
[Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring]
Error occurred while installing TiUniManager
Error: Failed to initialize TiDB environment on remote host ‘xxx’ (task.env_init.failed)
caused by: Failed to create new system user ‘tidb’ on remote host
caused by: Failed to execute command over SSH for ‘root@xxx:22’
caused by: ssh: handshake failed: ssh: unable to authenticate, attempted methods [none], no supported methods remain

2023-06-19T18:30:03.732+0800 ERROR SSHCommand {“host”: “xxx”, “port”: “22”, “cmd”: “export LANG=C; PATH=$PATH:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin /usr/bin/sudo -H bash -c "id -u tidb > /dev/null 2>&1 || (/usr/sbin/groupadd -f tidb && /usr/sbin/useradd -m -s /bin/bash -g tidb tidb) && echo ‘tidb ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL’ > /etc/sudoers.d/tidb"”, “error”: “ssh: handshake failed: ssh: unable to authenticate, attempted methods [none], no supported methods remain”, “stdout”: “”, “stderr”: “”}

SSH error.
However, I can log in to the local machine under the tidb user without any issues.

| username: WalterWj | Original post link

You need to use -i to specify the key under .tiup.

| username: redgame | Original post link

When initializing the TiDB environment on a remote host with TiUniManager, there are permission issues. You can try the suggestion from the previous post.

| username: TiDBer_P49NMjIm | Original post link

Changing
TIUP_HOME=/home/tidb/.em tiup em deploy em-test 1.0.2 config.yaml -u root -p
to
TIUP_HOME=/home/tidb/.em tiup em deploy em-test 1.0.2 config.yaml
resolved the error.
Thank you, everyone.

| username: Anna | Original post link

You need to use -i to specify the key under .tiup.