Issues with Monitoring DM and Clusters

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: dm与集群的监控的问题

| username: Jolyne

[Test Environment for TiDB]
[TiDB Version]
[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed to encounter the issue
A single-node cluster was deployed in the test environment, but after deploying the DM cluster, it was found that the DM monitoring overwrote the cluster monitoring (in the production environment, they are deployed on different IPs). I would like to ask how to handle this overwriting issue, and whether the monitoring of the two clusters can be placed under one Grafana.
[Encountered Issue: Issue Phenomenon and Impact]
[Resource Configuration] Go to TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page
[Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring]

| username: 小龙虾爱大龙虾 | Original post link

They cannot be put together. The DM cluster and the TiDB cluster are completely separate entities. Additionally, multiple TiDB clusters also mean multiple Prometheus and Grafana instances, each monitoring its own cluster. The same applies to the DM cluster. :joy_cat:

| username: Jolyne | Original post link

Okay, I just encountered this situation while testing on a single machine today and thought I’d ask you all. Luckily, we don’t do this in production. :smile:

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

Of course, they cannot be together.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.