Issues with Starting dm-work

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: dm-work 启动问题

| username: 宸凡_22

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment / Testing / PoC
[TiDB Version]
[Reproduction Path] What operations were performed when the issue occurred
[Encountered Issue: Issue Phenomenon and Impact]
[Resource Configuration] Enter TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page
[Attachments: Screenshots / Logs / Monitoring]

The above image shows the frontend display.
In the dm-meta database, it was found that there is no lightning_checkpoint_list.

In the above image, the information related to dm127 is from the local database, while dm62 is from a database on another server. The dm127 database can synchronize to TiDB; the dm62 database cannot. I suspect there might be some differences. However, no valuable clues can be found from the backend logs. The only difference found is in the above image.

| username: 小龙虾爱大龙虾 | Original post link

Check the logs again, there should be something there.

| username: keyway | Original post link

If there isn’t much data, try reinstalling and see.

| username: zhang_2023 | Original post link

What is the detailed error?

| username: 宸凡_22 | Original post link

Created data source

The master log is shown in the image above, and there are no log updates in the worker.

It has nothing to do with DM installation. I can normally synchronize when I install a MySQL database locally.

From my experience with synchronizing multiple databases, it seems that the issue is caused by a missing component in the database that needs to be synchronized. However, there are no relevant prompts in the logs, so it’s unclear what the problem is.

Check the corresponding dm-worker logs, there shouldn’t be nothing at all, right?

In the master-err log, I see this error:
{“level”:“warn”,“ts”:1706532916.9048774,“caller”:“fileutil/fileutil.go:57”,“msg”:“check file permission”,“error”:“directory "/datafile01/05_DB_DataFiles/03_Tidb/dm/data/dm-master-8261" exist, but the permission is "drwxr-xr-x". The recommended permission is "-rwx------" to prevent possible unprivileged access to the data”}

dm-worker.log (11.7 KB)

| username: 有猫万事足 | Original post link

Actually, looking at the number of tables, the number of dm_meta tables for these two tasks doesn’t seem quite right. Normally, there should be 4. You have one with 3 and one with 2.

Still, I suggest

tiup dmctl query-status

to check the result.

export DM_MASTER_ADDR=“xx.xx.xx.xx:8261”

Remember to set this environment variable, so you don’t have to add --master-addr xx.xx.xx.xx:8261 every time you use tiup dmctl, which is more convenient.

Can’t see the problem :smiley_cat: