New Cluster Stability Testing

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 新集群稳定性测试

| username: TiDBer_PHgBQFC6

The new cluster operation and maintenance has just been set up. May I ask the community experts, in which scenarios and under what circumstances might the cluster become unavailable? How can I test these scenarios to avoid pitfalls in the future? I’m a newbie just getting to know TiDB, seeking guidance.

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

I suggest you read the documentation before practicing~

Before doing anything, search here first, look at some practices and documentation, don’t do it blindly! This can help you avoid 90% of the pitfalls.

Check if the configuration meets the official requirements, reasonable configuration can reduce half of your problems~

First, take a look at your screenshot: Go to TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page

Does it meet the requirements:

| username: linnana | Original post link

Do you have practical experience? Learn a bit.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

Could you share the deployment details so we can see what can be done?

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

Deploy according to the topology structure guided by the official website, then randomly manually take down some nodes to see if the cluster can still provide services normally.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

The general idea is to kill a certain component, disconnect the network, and simulate a power outage.

| username: TiDBer_PHgBQFC6 | Original post link

Thank you :pray:

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.