No response when expanding CDC with tiup

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: tiup扩容cdc没反应

| username: TiDBer_EzZC4THi

[TiDB Usage Environment] Testing
[TiDB Version] 7.1.0
[Reproduction Path] CDC was not installed during tiup installation, no response when expanding CDC later
[Problem Encountered: Phenomenon and Impact] No response when expanding CDC
[Resource Configuration] Go to TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page
[Attachment: Screenshot/Log/Monitoring]
This is my scale-out.yaml file

This is the scale result

The cluster still does not have CDC after execution

Please help answer, thank you

| username: TiDBer_EzZC4THi | Original post link

Problem solved.
The original command tiup cluster scale-out tidb-test scale-out.yaml -u root -p "password" had no response.

Changed it to tiup cluster scale-out tidb-test scale-out.yaml -u root -p, and manually entering the password worked.

To be honest, this interaction is not very good.

| username: caiyfc | Original post link

I can only say that this interaction method did not meet your habits. It’s a small issue; once you know how to operate it, this problem won’t occur in the future. However, it’s a bit strange that there were no errors when it was executed.

| username: yulei7633 | Original post link

The command prompt is incorrect; it’s better to use ssh for convenience.

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

The documentation should be quite clear, right?

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

This response is not unresponsive; it is telling you that there is a syntax error. Here is a reference.

| username: FutureDB | Original post link

Correct :smile:

| username: lemonade010 | Original post link

Learned, marking it.

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

I don’t think this should be the case. Could there be other issues?

| username: xmlianfeng | Original post link

tiup cluster scale-out cluster-name scale-out.yml -p

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

:yum: It should be relatively clear. If you don’t enter the password, there will be no response, but if you enter the password, it will execute normally. You probably aren’t used to the password input strategy in Linux. I wasn’t used to it at first either, and I often doubted whether I had entered the password because nothing shows up on the screen after entering it. When I first switched from Windows, it was very uncomfortable.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.