Oracle MySQL Server

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: Oracle MySQL Server

| username: TiDBer_VtkBZH6I

During the use of TiDB, a vulnerability scanning tool was used, and it indicated security issues. The details are as follows:

How should these vulnerabilities be addressed?

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

This is not a vulnerability of TiDB, right?

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

However, I can report this to the security department to see if this feedback will have any impact on TiDB.

| username: 啦啦啦啦啦 | Original post link

It actually has nothing to do with TiDB. Just change the MySQL version number of TiDB to bypass the scan.

| username: TiDBer_VtkBZH6I | Original post link

The underlying layer of TiDB is MySQL, right? So how do you bypass scanning? How do you modify the MySQL version?

The underlying layer has nothing to do with MySQL, it just supports MySQL syntax. For version number modifications, refer to the link I posted above.

It is related to TiDB. The security scanning software scanned the machine where TiDB is installed, and the port numbers also match.

Modification unsuccessful.
line 83: key “server-version” already set in map

The error seems to be a duplication. Check if the server-version configuration is written twice.

There isn’t any in the configuration file, only one. Previously, the configuration file didn’t set this attribute, so it should be the default.

Paste the content of line 83 and take a look.

| username: TiDBer_9lcG6OP4 | Original post link

Can changing the version number bypass the security scan?

| username: 春风十里 | Original post link

The compliance software treats this as MySQL. I think theoretically changing the version is feasible because TiDB is actually not MySQL; it’s their software that made the mistake.

It can be bypassed. Actually, the principle of the scanning tool is very simple; it just uses the telnet port to check the returned version number.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

Scanning software that doesn’t log into the database is useless; it can’t obtain the real version information of the database. To scan effectively, you need to log into the database first.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.