Querying Two Tables with One-to-Many Relationship Results in Multiple Duplicate Records

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 一对多的两表联查出多条重复数据

| username: shuyu_zhihui

【TiDB Usage Environment】Production Environment / Testing / Poc
【TiDB Version】5.7.25-TiDB-v6.1.5
【Reproduction Path】Issue with joining two tables
【Encountered Problem: Phenomenon and Impact】The result on MySQL is 3 rows, while the result on TiDB is 42 rows
【Resource Configuration】Go to TiDB Dashboard - Cluster Info - Hosts and take a screenshot of this page
【Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring】
TiDB query:
The SQL is as follows:

SELECT
    t1.*,
    t2.tag_status 
FROM
    t_new_inspect_item_config t1
    LEFT JOIN t_new_inspect_config t2 ON t1.inspect_id = t2.id 
    AND t1.STATUS = 1 
    AND t1.is_deleted = 0 
    AND t2.STATUS = 1 
    AND t2.is_deleted = 0 
WHERE
    t1.tenant_id = '730000' 
    AND t1.inspect_id = '1372816766597782118';
SELECT * FROM t_new_inspect_config t WHERE t.tenant_id = '730000' AND t.id = '1372816766597782118';
SELECT * FROM t_new_inspect_item_config WHERE tenant_id = '730000' AND inspect_id = '1372816766597782118';

Query results are as follows:

The same SQL on MySQL:

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

Run SQL

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

If the associated field is a string, check whether case is ignored, the result will be different.

| username: dbaspace | Original post link

Is there a type usage error with the join field, using varchar as int?

| username: 舞动梦灵 | Original post link

You only have one sentence here, how are we supposed to analyze it? :joy: At least post an SQL statement or a screenshot of the query results.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

When you run the SQL, it’s best to also post the table structure and the data that caused the error.

| username: Hacker007 | Original post link

Post the SQL and the data from both tables to take a look. In theory, TiDB should be stricter than MySQL by default. TiDB has higher requirements for case sensitivity and leading/trailing spaces.

| username: shuyu_zhihui | Original post link

It’s possible, let me confirm.

The process of editing the question was interrupted.

If strict, it will report an error or not produce any result, which should be due to an unreasonable type conversion mechanism.

Indeed, this is the issue. We need to convert the value.

SELECT
 t2.tag_status, t1.*
FROM
 t_new_inspect_item_config t1
 LEFT JOIN t_new_inspect_config t2 ON t1.inspect_id = CONCAT('', t2.id)

Converting to string type will be fine.

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

• If your issue has been resolved:

• If you resolved it yourself, please include your solution and mark your solution as [Useful to Me].

• If someone else helped you solve the problem, please select the [Most Valuable] reply and mark it as [Useful to Me]. This is a way to reward and appreciate the person who helped you.

• Only questions marked as [Useful to Me] can be searched, which helps others find answers more efficiently. Marking [Useful to Me] also earns you 5 points and 5 experience points.
  • If your issue is not yet resolved, please continue to ask questions and provide feedback on the problems you are encountering.

How do I mark it as useful? I couldn’t find such an option.

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

Click here for the reply that is considered the solution :handshake: :handshake: :handshake:

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.