Questions about br tool 2

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: br 工具疑问2

| username: GreenGuan

Following up on this post, I would like to ask about the details of the BR backup tool and confirm with the official team:

1. When interacting with S3, does the BR backup tool behave such that it does not retry on 40x responses but does retry on 50x responses?
  2. Can the number of retries for the BR tool be configured when it receives a 50x error code?
| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

When the BR tool interacts with S3 and receives a 40x error code, the BR tool will not retry and will directly return an error. If it receives a 50x error code, the BR tool will retry, with the default number of retries set to 10. This can be configured using the --s3.retry-times parameter. For example, the following command sets the number of retries to 5:

./br backup full --pd <pd-address> --storage "s3://<bucket>/<prefix>" --s3.retry-times 5
| username: GreenGuan | Original post link

The latest LTS versions of br tools v5.4.0 and v6.5.2 do not have the --s3.retry-times parameter. Where can this parameter be set?

Reply from the internal knowledge assistant, it seems that this reply is incorrect.

| username: jiyf | Original post link

Looking at the code regarding retries, there are two hardcoded variables: maxRetries is the NumMaxRetries parameter for the S3 client, and maxErrorRetries is the number of retries when an error is encountered. It seems that there is no external configuration provided.

| username: GreenGuan | Original post link

Could you please confirm with the developers again? (No GPT answers)

I’ll ask around on the intranet for you~

Currently, there is no parameter set for the number of retries.

| username: yulei7633 | Original post link

I have never used S3, always local backups, it’s best to use shared disks.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.