Quick Start with TiDB: Simulating Production Environment Cluster Deployment on a Single Machine - Startup Failure

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 快速上手TiDB–在单机上模拟部署生产环境集群–启动失败

| username: 随缘天空

[TiDB Usage Environment] Single machine Linux system, CentOS 7.6
[TiDB Version] v7.1.0
[Reproduction Path] Refer to the Quick Start with TiDB - Simulate Deployment of Production Environment Cluster on a Single Machine
[Encountered Issue: Phenomenon and Impact] The first 7 steps were executed successfully, but the 8th step to start the cluster reported an error, with the TiKV cluster startup timing out.
[Resource Configuration]
[Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring]

| username: xfworld | Original post link

You can check why the TiKV node failed to start, there is a log address in the place you highlighted…

A TiKV node can be configured with just one… if it’s just for experiencing it…

Additionally, you can refer to the hybrid deployment documentation:

| username: 随缘天空 | Original post link

The last screenshot shows the error information in the error log, indicating a startup timeout. However, the specific cause of the timeout is unknown. I set the timeout to 10 minutes when starting, but it still reports a timeout error: tiup cluster start Tidb-cluster --wait-timeout 600.

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

Check the error log for the PD startup.

You are talking about the logs of tiup, not tikv…

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

Check the PD logs.

| username: 裤衩儿飞上天 | Original post link

Please provide the corresponding TiKV logs for review.

| username: Kongdom | Original post link

Could it be due to insufficient single-machine resources? Or should we check the log information under /tidb-deploy/tikv-20162/log?

| username: redgame | Original post link

Is there any other error in the tikv.log or tikv_stderr.log?

tikv.log (293.3 KB)

The logs show that the PD response failed, but the console indicates that the PD component started successfully.

tikv.log (293.3 KB)

pd.log (137.4 KB)
pd_stderr.log (2.4 KB)

Uploaded, please take a look.

The logs have been uploaded, but the error message says it cannot connect to PD. However, the third-to-last line in the PD log says it cannot fetch the cluster from remote. I’m not sure what the exact reason is.

What are the machine specifications?

Is the firewall turned off?

Turned off, not sure if it’s a system configuration issue. I deployed it on my own Tencent Cloud CentOS 7.6 system.
Configuration: CPU 2 cores, memory 8GB, hard disk around 80GB.

Configuration: 2-core CPU, 8GB memory, around 80GB hard disk.
I deployed it on my own Tencent Cloud CentOS 7.6 system, referring to the official documentation: Quick Start with TiDB - Simulate Deployment of Production Environment Cluster on a Single Machine. The first few steps were executed successfully, but an error occurred at step 8 when starting the cluster.

:thinking: If it’s a cloud server, I remember the cloud server management platform also has a firewall. Check it out.

First, rule out firewall issues.