[Seeking Advice from Experts] What Database Knowledge Should a UI Designer Know?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 【求问大佬】UI设计师需要了解哪些数据库知识呢?

| username: jiajia

What database knowledge does a UI designer need to know? Which database certification is easier to obtain?

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

Designers don’t need to take database certification exams, right? Does your company have this requirement?

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

The UI (User Interface) is the medium for interaction and information exchange between the system and the user. It can convert the internal form of information into a form that humans can accept.

This doesn’t seem to be related to databases. Generally speaking, the backend needs to learn a bit about it, but UI is considered frontend.

| username: wfxxh | Original post link

None of these are necessary if you don’t genuinely want to learn more.

| username: ShawnYan | Original post link

May I ask, if a DBA wants to learn UI, where should they start?

| username: jiajia | Original post link

That’s right, the company hopes that designers will better understand the business.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

Do UI designers need to learn databases? I actually want to learn UI…

The company hopes that designers can better understand the business, so we need to learn a bit, but I’m too much of a novice and don’t know where to start. :face_with_thermometer:

| username: 裤衩儿飞上天 | Original post link

Just start by understanding whatever the company uses…

The company is in data management and uses fifty to sixty databases. :open_mouth:

| username: redgame | Original post link

Use PCTP

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

The company is going to rely on you heavily!

| username: Anna | Original post link

First, understand what databases the company uses, how the data is categorized, and the general differences between these databases. You only need to understand the business differences and do not need to learn how to write SQL.