Sysbench Performance Test Error

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: sysbench性能测试报错

| username: 随缘天空

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production environment sysbench test of TiDB cluster performance
[TiDB Version]
[Reproduction Path] Refer to the official link 如何用 Sysbench 测试 TiDB | PingCAP 文档中心 for sysbench performance testing, but an error occurs when executing the statement
[Encountered Problem: Problem Phenomenon and Impact]
[Resource Configuration]
[Attachment: Screenshot/Log/Monitoring]

| username: ShawnYan | Original post link

What is the version of TiDB? Is sysbench self-compiled?

Has this parameter been set?

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

How did you install sysbench?

| username: redgame | Original post link

Take a look at line 207, what is written there, is it installing some package?

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

You can install sysbench using yum or apt, no need for TiDB’s.

Isn’t this the same issue as sysbench性能测试找不到配置文件 - #17,来自 ShawnYan - TiDB 的问答社区?

Just open one thread.

| username: 随缘天空 | Original post link

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, then used the online installation. After the installation was completed, another error occurred.

| username: 啦啦啦啦啦 | Original post link

This error is quite obvious, it can’t connect to the database. Specify the port, TiDB’s default port is 4000. Try writing it in the command line instead of using a configuration file.

Using the command line works, but I don’t know why the configuration file doesn’t. The parameters and values in the command line and the configuration file are the same.

Just to confirm, is the sysbench-config.conf file located in this path?
/usr/share/sysbench/
or
/usr/local/sysbench/…

In the /usr/share/sysbench directory, in the same directory as the lua scripts.

The previous /usr/local/sysbench/share/sysbench was a custom directory I set up. After reinstalling, the default installation path is used, so that custom directory no longer exists.

It’s better to pass parameters directly; the config file is not very convenient.

Thank you all for your responses. The issue has been resolved. I was using command line testing and did not use a configuration file.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.