The interface indicates that the necessary component ngmonitoring is not started in the cluster

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: 界面提示 集群中未启动必要组件 ngmonitoring

| username: rw12306

【TiDB Usage Environment】Production Environment / Testing / Poc
【TiDB Version】v6.1.2
【Reproduction Path】What operations were performed when the issue occurred
【Encountered Issue: Issue Phenomenon and Impact】
【Resource Configuration】
【Attachments: Screenshots/Logs/Monitoring】

1. First of all, I am using the root account and cannot log into the [TiDB Dashboard] operation and maintenance management tool.

The root permissions are as shown below. According to the official documentation, there is no CONFIG permission, but executing
GRANT CONFIG ON . TO ‘root’@‘%’; this SQL statement reports an error.
Root permission screenshot

Authorization error screenshot

1. Previously, the Prometheus node was deleted by me. Now I have manually deployed the node, following the official documentation: 集群监控部署 | PingCAP 文档中心
    (The deployment cluster and PD are not on the same machine). After deployment, I referred to the official documentation to modify the configuration: TiDB Dashboard 常见问题 | PingCAP 文档中心
    , the error is as follows

Now, how can I log in…

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

Try the following method:

For this kind of error, you can remove the old data in this directory before starting the script ng-wrapper.sh. It doesn’t need to be stored all the time and can be optimized.

After removing it, the startup is normal.

| username: rw12306 | Original post link

I can’t modify the configuration file now, and I can’t modify the monitoring configuration file either.

Where is the ng-wrapper.sh script?