The latest version of TiDB supports stored procedures. How to migrate stored procedures to TiDB during Oracle migration?

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: tidb 最新版本支持存储过程,Oracle迁移过程中存储过程怎么迁移到tidb

| username: swino

The latest version of TiDB supports stored procedures. How can stored procedures be migrated to TiDB during the Oracle migration process?

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

The latest 7.4 version still does not support stored procedures.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

Where did you hear that? TiDB 7.5 doesn’t support it, right?

| username: 路在何chu | Original post link

If supported, you can export the stored procedure separately and run it in the MySQL database.

| username: 有猫万事足 | Original post link

The enterprise edition is said to support it.

| username: caiyfc | Original post link

It hasn’t been released yet, there’s no news about it.

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

Let me share my experience of migrating stored procedures. First, export the stored procedures from Oracle, which can be done using PLSQL Developer. Then manually modify the syntax before importing it into the new database. Of course, if you are skilled enough, you can write statements in Oracle to perform the conversion during export, achieving over 90% automatic modification. You can then manually adjust individual functions as needed. This is how I accomplished it.

| username: forever | Original post link

Have you already started using it?

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

I haven’t used TiDB, but most other domestic databases are based on MySQL and PG, so the methods are similar.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

The enterprise edition of TiDB is supported, but the community edition is not yet.

| username: forever | Original post link

I thought you were using TiDB and wanted to ask about the support situation.

| username: zxgaa | Original post link

It seems that TiDB does not support stored procedures.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.