The sync_diff_inspector tool does not support table column default value timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT '1970-01-01 08:00:01'

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: sync_diff_inspector工具不支持表字段默认值timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘1970-01-01 08:00:01’

| username: Hacker_iry8Slpq

[TiDB Usage Environment] Test
[TiDB Version] source: v3.0.6 target: v5.4.3
[Reproduction Path] I want to upgrade TiDB from 3.0.6 to 5.4.3. After setting up full backup recovery and incremental backup recovery, I used the sync_diff_inspector tool to verify data consistency.

[Encountered Problem: Problem Phenomenon and Impact]
sync_diff_inspector reported an error due to an invalid field default value, which prevented the diff program from initializing. Changing the default value from ‘1970-01-01 08:00:01’ to ‘1971-01-01 00:00:00’ allows normal verification. However, there are many fields to modify, and the table data volume is quite large. I would like to ask if there is a way to avoid modifying the field default values.

[Resource Configuration]
[Attachment: Screenshot/Log/Monitoring]

| username: Billmay表妹 | Original post link

Here are some practices you can check out:

| username: Leavrth | Original post link

There is already a PR with a fix, and it is expected to be resolved in the new version.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.