TICDC Error When Syncing from TiDB to MySQL

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: TICDC 从TIDB向MYSQL同步报错

| username: 末0_0想

[TiDB Usage Environment] Test
[TiDB Version] v6.5.0
[Reproduction Path]

tiup cdc cli changefeed create --server=http://10.18.104.154:8300 --sink-uri="mysql://root:jczc_app10@10.18.104.161:3399/" --changefeed-id="simple-replication-task"

or

tiup cdc cli changefeed create --pd=http://10.18.104.164:2379 --sink-uri="mysql://root:jczc_app10@10.18.104.161:3399/" --changefeed-id="replication-task-1" --sort-engine="unified"

When using the above statements to synchronize data from TiDB to MySQL in real-time, an error occurs. Please help to check the reason. Does the server deploying cdc need to install MySQL?

Error: [CDC:ErrMySQLConnectionError]fail to open MySQL connection: Error 1045: Access denied for user 'root'@'10.18.104.154' (using password: YES)

[Resource Configuration] [Attachment: Screenshot/Log/Monitoring]

| username: xfworld | Original post link

mysql cannot be accessed? Please check the environment and MySQL authorization configuration.

| username: 末0_0想 | Original post link

The downstream configuration is appropriate. I have connected using Navicat with root permissions, and it is also fully accessible. The strangest thing is that it reports an error:

Access denied for user 'root'@'10.18.104.154' (using password: YES)

This server is where I installed CDC, and my downstream server address is 104.161.

Do you mean that I need to install MySQL on the server where CDC is located?
I checked the official documentation, and it doesn’t mention installing MySQL: 创建 Changefeed - 同步数据到 MySQL 兼容的数据库 - 《TiDB v6.5 中文文档》 - 书栈网 · BookStack

I configured the account and password for 161, but the error message indicates that the MySQL account password on the CDC machine is incorrect.

| username: hey-hoho | Original post link

Check if the root user of your downstream MySQL has restricted login IPs.

| username: 啦啦啦啦啦 | Original post link

Check if there are any special characters in the password that were not recognized.

Will restricting the IP of the downstream root affect synchronization? I am not using root for data synchronization.

There are no special characters. The image above has a password. It can be seen.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

This means that the MySQL at 10.18.104.161:3399 needs to allow login from 10.18.104.154 using the root:jczc_app10 credentials.

SELECT * FROM mysql.user a WHERE a.user='root';

First, check if there is an IP and user that can log in — % is also acceptable.

create user root@'10.18.104.154' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'jczc_app10';

If it still doesn’t work, try creating a new user.

| username: TiDBer_pkQ5q1l0 | Original post link

You have restricted IP access. Grant access permissions to the TiCDC IP range in MySQL.

| username: 孤君888 | Original post link

It’s obviously a permissions issue.

Do you mean that 10.18.104.154 must have MySQL installed?

I don’t understand, does ticdc require a MySQL client or server to synchronize data to downstream MySQL? Is that why it needs permissions?

What confuses me is that I haven’t installed MySQL on 10.18.104.154, but it still prompts me that I have insufficient permissions.

| username: maokl | Original post link

There is an issue with the account password.

| username: 啦啦啦啦啦 | Original post link

There is no need to install MySQL. The prompt indicates that there is insufficient permission or incorrect password for 10.18.104.154 to access the downstream MySQL.

Thank you, everyone! Indeed, after I deleted and recreated the downstream MySQL user, the system can synchronize normally.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.