TiDB crashed after importing the MySQL database into the new MySQL database before exporting

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: tidb导出之前mysql库导入新mysql库之后崩掉了

| username: 舞动梦灵

I used mysqldump to export a MySQL database from another TiDB and then imported it into a new database. As a result, all users failed to log in.

How to restore users or recreate users?

| username: Soysauce520 | Original post link

Is it importing TiDB to TiDB? Are the versions the same?

| username: Miracle | Original post link

Do I need to flush it?

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

The root user will not be overridden, right? You can log in as the root user in real-time and reset the passwords of other accounts.

| username: 舞动梦灵 | Original post link

I searched for a solution on Baidu. In conf/tidb.toml, similar to MySQL, I added a skip option to bypass empty password login. After logging in, I found that there was no data in the MySQL user table. I tried to insert data into the user table manually, but the insertion failed. I suspect that the table was recreated during the mysqldump import, but the data insertion failed, which is why no one can log in.

You can use Dumpling to export and Lightning to import in TiDB. Can the root user log in?

| username: 舞动梦灵 | Original post link

I was already annoyed with having to use BR and CDC after downloading them, and I haven’t even mastered these two yet. Now, there’s this Dumpling thing. Forget it. The issue has been resolved. The import failure was because there was a password column that was auto-generated and couldn’t be inserted or modified. When I inserted data into the user table and ignored this column, it automatically filled in based on another password column, keeping the password unchanged.

Dumpling is quite similar to the built-in MySQL export tool and is very simple to use.

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.