TiDB Deployment Issues

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: tidb部署问题

| username: 烂番薯0

At the end of the deployment, this sentence appears, and the log shows the following. What is the reason for this?

| username: dba远航 | Original post link

Confirm that SSH authentication between machines has been completed.

| username: tidb菜鸟一只 | Original post link

Are you using the root user or the tidb user?

| username: 像风一样的男子 | Original post link

Manually execute scp to see what error it reports, and confirm whether it is a permission issue or a password-free issue.

| username: 烂番薯0 | Original post link

Passed

I am using a TiDB user, and I have set up passwordless authentication.

| username: zhanggame1 | Original post link

Deploying with --user root is more convenient, as it eliminates the need to add the tidb user and set up passwordless access on each machine; it does it automatically for you.

I also tried using root, but it still couldn’t be sent from the local machine.

Root requires the root password to be the same for all machines. Please send your deployment command. Using root for deployment does not require configuring mutual trust.

My root user password is the same, and the tidb user is also password-free, and the root user is also password-free, but I just can’t use scp on the local machine. I don’t know why.

Is manual SCP not working either? Also, have you set up passwordless authentication on your local machine? Do you need a password when using manual SSH?

Manual method doesn’t work either. Passwordless SSH is set up on the local machine, and manual SSH doesn’t require a password. The error occurs when transferring storage/cluster/packages/tikv-v6.5.0-linux-amd64.tar.gz to tidb@10.237.103.68:/opt/tidb/tidb-deploy/tikv-20160/bin/tikv-v6.5.0-linux-amd64.tar.gz: Process exited with status 1.

The image is not visible. Please provide the text you need translated.

No password means you don’t need the -p parameter.

Yes, I tried it without adding the parameter p, but it still reported this error. My machine doesn’t have scp, so I manually scp the tar package over. The other nodes have the binary executable program.

| username: xingzhenxiang | Original post link

What is the deployment command like? I usually deploy and manage through root, and tidb is just the user for installing and running the program.

There might be an issue with the downloaded package. How about cleaning the environment and starting over?

| username: Trouble | Original post link

It should be caused by incorrect installation user or password-free settings.

| username: 连连看db | Original post link

Reconfigure passwordless access.

I switched to a new control machine for deployment, but the 68 node still doesn’t work.