TiDB Server Configuration Requirements

Note:
This topic has been translated from a Chinese forum by GPT and might contain errors.

Original topic: TiDB服务器配置需求

| username: jingyesi3401

[TiDB Usage Environment] Production Environment, Testing

[TiDB Version] v5.1.0

[Encountered Problem: Phenomenon and Impact] Currently, the server hard disk configuration purchased by the company is relatively low, with IOPS testing only in the thousands (see detailed images below). To provide better IOPS, we plan to standardize the disk model. We often see that the IOPS test of server disks purchased by enterprises can reach 100k~200k. We hope to collect relevant server configuration information (disk information such as interface and protocol) for procurement reference. I have also searched for relevant disk interface protocol information, but there is no actual environment to test and verify. Therefore, I would like to see the server configuration and IOPS test results in other industries.

| username: xfworld | Original post link

Reference Value 1: Non-NVMe SSD fdatasync/s is about 5~8K/s

Reference Value 2: Early NVMe fdatasync/s is about 20~50K/s

Reference Value 3: Current mature PCIe 3 NVMe fdatasync/s is about 200~500K/s

Refer to this, it’s easy to judge with parameters.

| username: jingyesi3401 | Original post link

I have these reference values. Now, the main task is to set the procurement standards for hard drives. Our purchase order is very simple, and I need to specify detailed parameters, such as M2 NVMe SSD, etc.

| username: xfworld | Original post link

Just compare the brands and choose accordingly. Each company has its own scenarios. Some are hyper-converged, some are virtualized SAN, and some directly interface with physical disks. It’s hard to make a recommendation :rofl:

The simplest way is to ask your company’s supplier to provide you with alternative products based on these parameters.

| username: jingyesi3401 | Original post link

| username: system | Original post link

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.